MENDAKI Scholarships (Polytechnic)
Application Period : 1 - 31 March 2014
The scholarship was introduced in 1995. It aims to reward students wishing to pursue courses at any of the local government polytechnics.
You are eligible to apply for the bursary if:
· You are a Muslim Singapore Citizen or Muslim Permanent Resident of Singapore who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5
years immediately before being admitted to the institution.
· You are commencing first-year studies in a full-time Diploma course in any of the following institutions;
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
· You obtained outstanding results in :
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ or GCE ‘A’ level examinations, preferably with 3 distinctions; or
- Nitec Higher Nitec with cumulative GPA score of 3.5 and above
· You possess good records of active participation in co-curricular activities (CCA)
· No bond is required but the scholar will be requested to complete 30 days of community work with MENDAKI. Interviews will be held for short listed candidates after they have been accepted by the Polytechnic.
· Three scholarships worth $2,000 each are available each year to first year students.
· The scholarship is disbursed yearly for the duration of the course of study subject to satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Interviews will be held for short listed candidates after they have been accepted by the Polytechnic.
Application forms may be obtained at www.mendaki.org.sg or the reception counter of Yayasan MENDAKI, Wisma MENDAKI, 51 Kee Sun Avenue Singapore 457056. Completed forms with supporting documents must be submitted to Yayasan MENDAKI by 31 March 2014. Incomplete application will not be processed. Section I – Sureties’ section of the form is not applicable
For further queries, please call our mainline at 6245 5555