SPECIAL MALAY BURSARY (SMB) - UNIVERSITY
- Before 1995, the Public Service Commission (PSC) administered the Special Malay Bursary (SMB) for Malay students studying in the local tertiary institutions. In 1995, MENDAKI took over the administration of the SMB
You are eligible to apply for the bursary if:
- You are a Malay Singapore Citizen and have been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- You are in the first year of study and enrolled in any of the following institutions:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University / National Institute of Education
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- You obtained outstanding results in :
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and GCE ‘A’ level examinations; and/or
- Polytechnic Diploma with a Certificate of Merit
applicants will be enlisted for “compulsory” volunteerism in MENDAKI or its
affiliates. University students are required to serve 136 days (or 952 hours).
- Applicants must apply and complete the admission procedures required by the institutions. They must inform MENDAKI on the outcome of their application to the institution. Applicants who are successful in obtaining a place in the institution must apply for MENDAKI Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy scheme if the family per capita income does not exceed $1,500.
- Applicants from the low-income family will be given priority
- Interviews will be held for short listed candidates after they have been accepted by the University. Successful candidate will need to furnish two guarantors.
Application forms may be obtained here or the reception counter of Yayasan MENDAKI, Wisma MENDAKI, 51 Kee Sun Avenue Singapore 457056. Completed forms with supporting documents must be submitted to Yayasan MENDAKI by 31 July 2015. Incomplete application will not be processed. For further queries, please call our mainline at 6245 5555.