The MENDAKI Skills Training Loan Scheme is aimed at providing interest-free loans to Malay/Muslim workers to upgrade themselves by pursuing a recognized and work-related course.
- Muslim Singapore citizens.
- Applicants must be full-time employees at the commencement of the course.
- Applicant's monthly household net per capita income must not exceed $800.
- Courses should be on a part-time basis only at accredited institution.
- Courses are limited to the pursuance of certificate only
- Applications will be approved on case-to-case basis, depending on the accreditation of the institutions.
- Sign an agreement with MENDAKI for the repayment of the loan and for this purpose will be required to furnish 2 guarantors acceptable to MENDAKI. The acceptability of the 2 guarantors will be at the discretion of the Loans Committee. The guarantors must fulfill the following requirements :
- Between the age of 21 and 55 years old
- Gross monthly income of at least $1,500 and above
- Gainfully employed for the past 1 year
- Must not be the applicant's parents, siblings or staying in the same household
- The first and second guarantor must not be from the same household
- Guarantors must submit a copy of their NRIC and recent income slip (the information will be kept confidential)
- Update latest address by giving a photocopy of their NRIC at the time of final cheque disbursement
- Self-employed guarantors must submit their latest IRAS form or CPF statement
A letter will be mailed out to the applicant once the loan is approved to notify on the date for the signing of loan agreement and collection of cheque. Successful applicants and their guarantors are required to sign the loan agreement in the presence of YM officer at Wisma MENDAKI, 51 Kee Sun Avenue (off Tay Lian Teck Road) Singapore, 457056. Applicant and guarantors are reminded to bring along their NRIC during the signing of loan agreement for verification purposes. As per the loan deed, the borrower needs to observe and fulfill the following conditions:
- Passing all subjects taken during the course of study;
- No changes in the agreed length of study
- No changes in the course of study
- No withdrawal or termination from the course of study/school
- No deferment without any valid reasons
- Graduate within the curriculum duration of study
If the borrower does not fulfill one of the above condition or any of the term in the loan agreement, the borrower will be considered to have breached the contract of loan agreement. The full amount of the loan would have to be repaid immediately.
One-off disbursement of maximum $3,000 or 70% of course fee (whichever is lower)
The loan amount is at the discretion of the Loan Committee, after taking into consideration the financial circumstances of the applicant, the course of study and any other relevant criteria. The decision of the Loans Committee is final.
Repayment of the loan will commence 1 month after the loan disbursement. The minimum monthly repayment amount is as follows:
- Certificate courses - $100
This is subject to an annual progressive increment of $100. The repayment of loan could be made via cash, cheque, NETS, GIRO or Internet Banking.
The application must be made on prescribed forms obtainable at reception counter Wisma MENDAKI, 51 Kee Sun Ave, Off Tay Lian Teck Road Singapore 457056 or at YM's website. The processing will take 4 weeks from the date the application is received. Students will be notified through letter on the outcome of the application. Successful applicants are required to pay an administrative fee of $50.00. For further clarification, please call our customer service officers at 6245 5555.
Incomplete application form will not be processed.
The application form can be downloaded by clicking on this link