Engagement with secondary school girls through interest groups' activities, job searching / internships and developmental programmes.
EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME FOR GIRLS
- Ensure that the girls complete at least the first 10 years of education and proceed to post-secondary institutions (e.g. polytechnic, junior college and ITE)
- To engage the girls in positive and meaningful activities so that they stay away from negative activities
- Secondary two Malay/Muslim girls
- Participants will be engaged till they complete secondary school (Sec 4 / Sec 5)
- Opportunities for participants to carry out projects to build leadership and personal mastery through organising events, mentoring primary school students and be involved in other community events etc.
Develop the attributes of 5Cs (Character, Confidence, Competency, Connectedness and Contribution) in each participant
Job Shadowing / Internships
Women Professional Network
- Opportunity to network with a team of volunteer women professionals from various backgrounds such as doctors, architects, lecturers, research analysts etc.
- Girls will be engaged in chit chat sessions with Women Professionals on topics which matter to them (e.g. setting career goals, tips on studying, managing relationships etc.)
For more information on the EPG, please contact the following officers: