Introduced in September 2020, the ETF-Nomanbhoy Bursary intends to support deserving Muslim students from financially disadvantaged families who are enrolled in local special education schools (SPED), primary schools, Institutes of Technical Education (ITE), polytechnics and universities. It aims to encourage these students to continue excel in their studies.
- Malay/Muslim Singapore citizen holding a valid National Registration Identity Card
(NRIC) or permanent resident (PR) of Singapore
- Pursuing full-time education in Singapore in any of the following institutions:
- Special education schools
- Primary schools
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
- Polytechnics, and
- Net monthly household income (MHI) of S$1,800 and below, or household per capita income (PCI) of S$450 and below
- Good academic results in his/her course of study
- Not in receipt of any other bursaries
- Priority will be given to those with developmental delays or special needs. For
applicants who are enrolled in a polytechnic or university, those enrolled in a course of study in emerging industries with a module or minor in entrepreneurship is preferred.
- Applicants will only be considered upon receipt of fully completed forms and relevant supporting documents.
- Eligibility to apply for the bursary does not guarantee any award of the bursary.
Applicants shall also be considered for other scholarships/bursaries where applicable.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates, except for those in special education schools and primary schools.
- Each bursary is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The bursary shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, living expenses and fees for other educational activities organised by the institution the recipient is enrolled in.
- Recipient(s) shall be eligible to re-apply for the bursary in the subsequent year if he/she meets the eligibility criteria.
|Level of Study
||Value of Each Bursary
||Number of Recipients
|Special education /
|Institute of Technical
|Special education / Primary School
||1 February to 12 February 2021
|Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
||22 March to 19 April 2021
||29 March to 23 April 2021
||13 September to 8 October 2021
Applications should be submitted via MENDAKI corporate website by clicking on the button below. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
Click to register and apply
For enquiries kindly contact Partner Relations & Recognition
Tel: 6245 5734 / 6551 2835