Anugerah Belia Cemerlang MENDAKI aims to inspire the community towards embracing lifelong learning and support youths in their quest to attain various peaks of excellence. This award was formerly known as the Goh Chok Tong Youth Promise Award (GCTYPA).
4 May to 5 June 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- To provide inspiration to the community by identifying and recognising Malay/Muslim youths who can be role models in the community.
- To help Malay/Muslim youths with potential in diverse fields beyond traditional academic areas to further develop themselves and realise their potential.
- To support adult learners to complete their post-secondary education and acquisition of new skills.
Eligibility Criteria (Overseas & Local)
Nominees must be:
- Muslim Singapore Citizens (regardless of race), between 18 and 35 years of age, who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- Enrolled in a course of study beyond traditional academic areas, such as in the domains of culinary, sports, music, design and creative industries; performing and visual arts. The Award will also consider nominees who display multi-disciplinarity in their fields of study, combining the abovementioned fields with ICT.
- Accepted full-time into institutions either locally or overseas to pursue the approved course of study, apprenticeship and skills or talents development opportunities in the field of interest.
- Persons with high integrity and moral character.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all the fully-completed required documents from the applicants
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
Eligibility Criteria (Study Awards)
Nominees must be:
- Muslim Singapore Citizens or Muslim Permanent Resident of Singapore (regardless of race), between 20 and 35 years of age, who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- Enrolled in a course of study leading to formal qualification i.e. NITEC, Diploma, National Examinations (GCE ‘O’, GCE ‘N’, GCE ‘A’).
- Persons with good character.
- Referred by national/community agencies.
- Accepted into local institutions.
Value of Awards
- One Overseas Award worth up to $50,000.
- Three Local Awards worth up to $10,000 each.
- Four Study Awards worth up to $5,000 each.
No bond is required but recipients will be required to complete one community project via MENDAKI.
- Application is by nomination.
- All nominations must include testimonials of past achievements and supporting documents.
- Third party recommendations to vouch for applicant’s character and integrity must also be provided.
- Incomplete application will not be considered.
Click here to access Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Study Awards
For inquiries kindly contact Partner Relations & Recognition
Tel: 6245 5734 / 6245 5767