The scheme was introduced in April 2022. It is to support and encourage deserving Muslim students from financially disadvantaged families who are enrolled in any of the 6 autonomous universities in Singapore studying in the fields related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering to excel in their studies.
To support financially disadvantaged Muslim students at the local universities.
17 April to 26 May 2023
27 May to 30 Jun 2023
Click here to Apply
Bitsmedia Scholarship University
- Muslim Singapore Citizen holding a valid National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) or permanent resident (PR) of Singapore;
- Have obtained full time admission to a degree programme in Singapore in the fields related to Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Software Engineering offered by any of the following autonomous Universities;
- National University Singapore (NUS);
- Nanyang Technology University (NTU);
- Singapore Management University (SMU);
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT);
- Singapore University of Technology & Design (SUTD); and
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Has achieved outstanding results in his/her academic studies (GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate, Polytechnic Diploma or NUS High diploma);
- Not in receipt of any other scholarships.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews may be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
- Each Scholarship is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- The Scholarship shall be used for the recipients’ educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, living expenses and fees for other educational activities organised by the institution the Recipient is enrolled in.
- Recipient(s) shall be eligible to re-apply under the Scholarship in the subsequent year subject to the fulfilment of the criteria.
- Preference shall be given to applicants who are willing to undertake an internship with Bitsmedia (if an external internship is part of their course curriculum).
- Bitsmedia shall give priority to the beneficiaries of this scholarships in selecting Interns for its internship programme.
Value of Award
Number of Recipients
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the button “APPLY” button near the top of the page below the submission date. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
*Incomplete applications and documents will not be processed. Please submit ONE
bursary OR scholarship application only. We may consider your application for other eligible schemes.
*Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.