The Harun Ghani Education Fund (HGEF) was set up in 2005 to honour the late Mr Harun Ghani’s contributions to prevent drug abuse and rehabilitate drug offenders in Singapore.
As a former teacher, Mr Harun had a vested interest to ensure children of drug offenders continue to attend school and progress in their education.
HGEF serves to support Mr Harun’s mission to help children from families affected by drug abuse to rebuild their lives through education.
To motivate students who have an interest in learning to complete a minimum post-secondary education through HGEF bursaries.
- Muslim Singapore Citizens pursuing full-time education at local Primary & Secondary schools, ITEs, Madrasahs, Junior Colleges, Polytechnics and Universities;
- Have parent/s who are current or former drug offenders;
- Have a gross household per capita income (PCI) of $375 or less;
- Maintain good conduct, has passed final examinations and promoted to the next level of education.
- Applicants will only be considered upon receipt of all fully completed required documents.
- Incomplete applications with missing documents will not be considered.
- Each Bursary is applicable for one (1) Academic Year.
- Maximum number of applicants per household is capped at 3 students.
- Those applying for HGEF under any extenuating circumstances may also be considered on a case-to-case basis.
- Applicants and/or Guardian must physically attend the presentation ceremony on 23 December 2023 in order to receive the award. Details will be shared to applicants at a later date.
Mandatory documents for application*
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate / Front and Back Copy of NRIC.
- Final academic results (School report book or the result slip issued by the Ministry of Education for PSLE, GCE ‘N’, ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels, Polytechnics and Universities).
- Posting Slip (Primary, Secondary, ITE, Junior College, Pre-U Centre, Polytechnic and University Application Results).
- Proof screenshot of student’s Bank Book or Bank Account Statement showing the following:
- Full name of account holder
- Bank Account Number
- Name of Bank
- Family Members’ Particulars Form
- Guardian’s / Parent’s NRIC (Front & back copy).
- Payslips of all working family members (latest 1 month) / Letter of Employment stating current salary/ Letter of income for self-employed.
- Guardians’ / Parents’ CPF statement – Transaction history for the past 6 months even if one or both parents are not working.
- All relevant Marriage, Divorce & Death certificate.
- Proof of Guardianship letter/document if any.
- Very Important: Prison visiting card or letter from DRC/prisons/halfway houses stating offender/ex-offender status.
Value of Award
Please click the tab below to proceed.
Frequenly Asked Questions (FAQ)
You may also approach our Care Advisors at any of our Satellite Centres: