The scholarship was introduced in December 2016. The objective of the scholarship is to encourage students to continue to do well in their studies at the ITE and progress to Higher NITEC, Polytechnic and University.
9 March to 12 April 2020
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND APPLY
- The preferred courses for the scholarship but not limited to include Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Security Technology, Cyber & Network Security, Computer & Networking, Interactive Design, Community Care & Social Services, Nursing.
- Muslim Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution.
- Pursuing first-year studies in a full-time National ITE Certificate (NITEC) or Higher NITEC
- Obtained good results in
- GCE ‘N’ qualification, the aggregate score for Mathematics and best 3 subjects must not exceed 9 points or
- GCE ‘O’ qualification, the aggregate score for English Language, Mathematics and best 3 subjects must not exceed 26 points.
- Student with good academic results will be given priority for the award. However if the results are comparable, then those with a lower family income shall be given priority.
Value of Award
- One scholarship is available to First Year NITEC/Higher NITEC students.
- Each Scholarship worth S$3,500 per annum and is intended to cover tuition fee and living expenses .
- Duration of the scholarship is up to a minimum period of study leading to a NITEC or Higher NITEC or maximum of 4 years whichever is lower.
- The scholarship is disbursed yearly for the whole duration of the course of study subject to satisfactory performance of the scholar.
- The scholar must submit a copy of his/her examination results yearly to Yayasan MENDAKI before the fund can be disbursed to the scholar.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all fully-completed required documents from the applicants
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
- No bond is required but recipients will be required to complete one community project via MENDAKI.
Click here to access the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
For inquiries kindly contact Partner Relations & Recognition
Tel: 6245 5734 / 6245 5833 / 6245 5767