Before 1995, the Public Service Commission (PSC) administered the Special Malay Bursary (SMB) for Malay students studying in the local tertiary institutions. In 1995, MENDAKI took over the administration of the SMB.
15 June to 19 July 2020
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Malay Singapore Citizen who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution
- Commencing first-year studies in a full-time Degree course in any of the following institutions:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University / National Institute of Education
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Outstanding results in:
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and GCE ‘A’ level examinations; and/or
- Polytechnic Diploma with a Certificate of Merit
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Good records of active participation in co-curricular activities (CCA).
- Male applicants must have completed their National Service.
- Applicants must apply and complete the admission procedures required by the institutions. They must inform MENDAKI on the outcome of their application to the institution. Applicants who are successful in obtaining a place in the institution must apply for MENDAKI Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS) scheme if the family per capita income does not exceed $2,000.
- Applicants from the low-income family will be given priority.
- Interviews will be held for short listed candidates after they have been accepted by the University.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all the fully-completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
Value of Award
- Living allowance worth $3,400 per annum is available each year to successful candidates.
- The student must submit a copy of his/her examination results yearly to Yayasan MENDAKI before the fund can be disbursed.
- No bond is required but recipients will be required to complete one community project via MENDAKI.
For inquiries kindly contact Partner Relations & Recognition
Tel: 6245 5734 / 6551 2858 / 6245 5767