The scholarship was introduced in August 2006. The objective of the scholarship is to encourage students to continue to do well in their studies at the polytechnics.
O level Students: 18 February to 18 March 2023
ITE Students: 20 March to 9 April 2023
Click here to Apply
The preferred courses for the scholarship include Bioengineering, Health & Life Sciences, Nursing, Multimedia and Animation, Digital Media Design and Engineering.
- Muslim Singapore Citizens or Permanent Resident of Singapore (regardless of race) who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution.
- Pursuing first-year studies in a full-time Diploma course in any of the following institutions:
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Outstanding results in :
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ or GCE ‘A’ level examinations, preferably with 3 distinctions; or
- NITEC / Higher NITEC with cumulative GPA score of 3.5 and above.
- Good records of active participation in co-curricular activities (CCA).
- Student from low-income family will be given priority.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all the fully-completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
Value of Award
- One scholarship is available to first year student.
- The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee and/or $1,000 as living allowance per annum.
- Duration of the scholarship is up to a minimum period of study leading to a diploma or maximum of 3 years, whichever is lower.
- The scholarship is disbursed yearly for the whole duration of the course of study, subject to satisfactory performance of the scholar.
- The recipient must submit a copy of his/her examination results yearly to Yayasan MENDAKI before the fund can be disbursed to the recipient.
Mandatory documents required to submit application*
1) Front and Back Copy of NRIC
2) Recent Academic Results
3) Letter of acceptance from Institution (if any)
4) Family Members’ Particulars Form (Pls download the form here: Family Members Particulars Form)
5) Income Declaration Form * For self-employed and unemployed family members. (Pls download the form here. Income Declaration Form for Scholarship Bursary)
6) Parents or Guardian Latest Payslip / Letter from Employer Confirming Latest CPF statement
7) Short write up on your personal goals. Pls upload in MS Word format (Min. 150 words)
8) Other supporting Documents (if any)
Applications should be submitted via MyMENDAKI portal by clicking the button below. First time applicants must create an account to be able to proceed with the application.
*Incomplete applications and documents will not be processed. Please submit ONE bursary OR scholarship application only. We may consider your application for other eligible schemes.
*Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be rejected.
Enquiries? Click here to contact us