The scholarship was introduced in August 2006. The objective of the scholarship is to encourage students to continue to do well in their studies at the polytechnics.
30 March to 3 May 2020
Click to register and apply
The preferred courses for the scholarship include Bioengineering, Health & Life Sciences, Nursing, Multimedia and Animation, Digital Media Design and Engineering.
- Muslim Singapore Citizens or Permanent Resident of Singapore (regardless of race) who has been residing in Singapore for at least 5 years immediately before being admitted to the institution.
- Pursuing first-year studies in a full-time Diploma course in any of the following institutions:
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Outstanding results in :
- Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘O’ or GCE ‘A’ level examinations, preferably with 3 distinctions; or
- NITEC / Higher NITEC with cumulative GPA score of 3.5 and above.
- Good records of active participation in co-curricular activities (CCA).
- Student from low-income family will be given priority.
- Candidates will only be considered upon receipt of all the fully-completed required documents from the applicants.
- Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates and being eligible does not guarantee a placement.
- Shortlisting of candidates is based upon competition amongst the eligible applicants and they must have been accepted by the institution.
Value of Award
- One scholarship is available to first year student.
- The scholarship covers 100% of the tuition fee and/or $1,000 as living allowance per annum.
- Duration of the scholarship is up to a minimum period of study leading to a diploma or maximum of 3 years, whichever is lower.
- The scholarship is disbursed yearly for the whole duration of the course of study, subject to satisfactory performance of the scholar.
- The recipient must submit a copy of his/her examination results yearly to Yayasan MENDAKI before the fund can be disbursed to the recipient.
For inquiries kindly contact Partner Relations & Recognition
Tel: 6245 5734 / 6551 2858 / 6245 5767