The job holder (2-year contract) reports to the Deputy Director and is responsible for the execution of programmes and initiatives under the School Ready, Growth Group to meet the organisation’s target by working closely with various stakeholders. Key areas of the role:
a. Engaging community stakeholders to build and deepen support to achieve greater impact among the children and parents served by the organisation and partner agencies.
b. Engaging families who require additional support and connecting them to national initiatives/programmes.
c. Develop and administer programmes for the targeted Malay/Muslim parents as well as children in response to meeting the needs of the community.
The job holder is expected to work from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. The job holder is largely expected to work in an office environment. On occasion, the jobholder may need to work outside official hours on weekends to support the running of programmes/events.
Key Responsibility Areas
Knowledge and Research
- Conduct a periodic environmental scan to keep abreast of what’s happening in the education landscape for trend and programme analysis.
- Provide insights and expertise concerning relevant issues.
- Research/scan for new programmes and developments in relevant areas.
- Adapt existing programmes as required.
- Research training options for professional development.
- Curate and create content in support of programme design.
Strategic and Partnership Management
- Lead Engagements and strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders
- Identify platforms/opportunities for engagement of partners.
- Track learning needs and coordinate educational support for families.
Programme and Event Management
- Plan and implement programmes and events
- Lead the organisation of resources, and conduct marketing and outreach to potential participants.
- Engage families and connect them to national initiatives/programmes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programmes through the collection and analysis of feedback
- Prepare scripts/ texts for communication and publicity materials.
Data Evaluation & Implementation
- Collect and analyse information and data for reports including annual reports, Committee of Supply debate, etc.
- Mine and synthesize data from multiple sources for programme evaluation by using a suitable evaluation framework (such as RE-AIM)
- Track outcomes, conduct a review of programmes identify gaps to refine programmes/services and recommend next steps.
Financial Planning and Management
- Assist in the department’s forecasting and budgeting activities.
- Implement budget plans to manage resource allocations to the department’s programmes
- Ensure the financial procedures are adhered to in the appropriate sourcing and procurement methods and engagement of services and providers.
- Monitor budget outcomes to ensure proper utilisation in accordance with financial procedures
- Oversee funds and payments in accordance with financial procedures
- At least 2-3 years of relevant working experience in the early childhood or social service sector.
- A degree in Early Childhood, Psychology or a related discipline is preferred.
- Able to work independently and in teams.
- Confident and has a good working attitude.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong IT literacy and ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.