MENDAKI Tuition Scheme (MTS)
Yayasan MENDAKI is the pioneer self-help group in providing tuition for the public.
MTS aims to provide quality and affordable tuition to help students achieve better results in their school and national exams. It is open to all primary and secondary level Muslim students. MTS is aligned with MOE’s curriculum and provides additional developmental activities.
Collaborative Tuition Programme (CTP) is a collaboration with 3 other self-help groups (SHGs).
With effect from 2022, MTS and CTP are streamlined and offered at over 90 centres around the country.
- Every student is inspired to learn
- Every student aspires to succeed in school and life
- Every student gains confidence and improves in their exams
- Every student looks up to their tutors as role models
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident.
- Studying in full-time local government or government-aided schools and madrasahs.
- Muslim students: No income criteria.
- Non-Muslim students: Please see below.
Eligibility Criteria for non-Muslim Students registering for MTS:
- Chinese students – Monthly Household Income (MHI) $4,800 &/or Per Capita Income (PCI) $1,400 and below
- Eurasian students – PCI $1,200 and below
- Indian students – no eligibility criteria
The tuition fees have been reduced to a one-time $10 registration fee per student per year, to make it more affordable and accessible to all.
This $10 fee is applicable to:
- All Malay/Muslim students
- Chinese students with gross MHI of $4,800 and below and/or gross PCI of $1,400 and below
- All Indian students with PCI $1,000 and above
Note: Eurasian students with gross PCI of $1,200 and below need not pay any fees
Students/parents who have difficulty paying fees may seek a fee waiver from their respective SHGs.
The eligibility criteria and how to apply are indicated as follows:
MHI $2,400 and below and/or PCI $800 and below
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
PCI $1,200 and below
To apply, email email@example.com
PCI $1,000 and below
To apply, email STEP-Team@sinda.org.sg
Subjects and levels offered
- English and Maths – For Primary 1 – 2, Secondary 1 – 2, Secondary 3 – 4 Normal Technical
- English, Maths, Science – For Primary 3 – 6, Secondary 3 – 5.
Students must choose at least 2 and at most 3 subjects/classes to ensure that they receive comprehensive support for their education.
Changes to MTS with effect from 2022
- One-time $10 Registration Fee
The fee has been reduced to just $10 per student, to make it more affordable and accessible to all.
- Smaller Class Sizes
With more qualified and committed tutors per student ratio, students can receive more focused attention to help them succeed
- More Comprehensive Academic Support
Students can now register for up to three separate classes/subjects if they need stronger support to prepare for their PSLE.
- Fee payment will be via PayNow QR code scanning. If you do not have PayNow, you would need to pay via NETS at one of our satellite centres.